Have you ever heard of The Crayon Initiative? Me neither! Until today.
The Crayon Initiative recycles “unwanted crayons into unlimited possibilities for children.”
How cool is that?
I’m sure there are lots of people/organizations who are doing creative repurposing with crayons, but for now, I’m liking and blogging about this one! 🙂 (No disrespect to any of the others.)
I like the process they talk about as they tell their story …
- twirling a crayon – deep in thought
- wondering out loud
- asking questions
- discovering a problem
- being confident in their ability to discover a new way to address the problem
- accepting the challenge to make a positive change
- ideating (having ideas! Awesome word, isn’t it? Around since the 1800’s I believe)
- bringing one of those ideas to life to “recirculate the endless supply of free materials and bring the Arts to children everywhere.“
There’s a lot to love about this! The process, the creativity, the crayons (I happen to love crayons, lol.) the openness to possibility, the thought, the action, and the benefit to children and the environment.
Rock on Crayon Initiative!
Let’s follow their lead. Let’s wonder, question, think, ideate, believe, and make positive innovations!