I’ve spent a good bit of time watercoloring these past few weeks. Today, I decided to share my process with you.
Now to be clear, I’m not suggesting you adopt my process in its entirety. Just saying you might learn something from it!
- Take a 3 hour watercolor class.
- Learn some cool things.
- Fall in love all over again with watercolors.
- Head out for a hike and some plein air painting.
- Forget I am a beginner.
- Fail to remind myself — “”Bad art happens to good artists!”
- Experience angst — lots of angst.
- Nearly fall out of love with watercolors.
- Resist throwing everything in the river.
- Drive 5 hours.
- Sleep 8 hours.
- Go to church.
- Do things that have nothing to do with watercolors.
- Catch sight of an unfinished painting.
- Give in to the allure, and bring the paints out of hiding.
- Paint with more wonder, and less judgement.
- Experience the joy of process and product again.